What your dentist in Longwood, FL, wants you to know
The right denture can impact your life dramatically, making it easier to chew the foods you love. Your self-confidence will soar knowing you look your best and have a great smile. So, how do you choose the denture that’s right for you? Dr. Ilya V. Freyman in Longwood, FL, wants to help you make the choice that’s right for you.
A denture replaces missing teeth, and the type of denture you need depends on the number of teeth you are missing. If you are missing only a few teeth, a partial denture is the way to go. Consider:
- A transitional partial denture: if you are considering dental implants later on; transitional partials are less expensive because they are meant as a temporary substitute while you are waiting for implants.
- A removable partial denture: if you are not considering dental implants and want sturdy, dependable tooth replacement; removable partial dentures are used as a permanent solution to replace teeth.
If you need to replace an entire arch of 14 to 16 teeth, either upper or lower, a full denture is what you need. Consider these types of full dentures:
- An immediate denture: if you don’t want to live without teeth; this type of denture is placed immediately after dental extractions. After your tissue has healed completely, a new, more permanent denture will be made, usually within 6 to 8 weeks.
- A conventional denture: if you don’t want to get used to two dentures; a conventional denture is permanent and is placed after 6 to 8 weeks, allowing you to get used to only one denture.
- An overdenture: if you want the supportive framework provided by dental implants; the overdenture is snapped in place over the implants. Overdentures have the advantage of conserving the bone in your jaw and they are more stable than conventional or immediate dentures because they are held in place by implants.
The right denture can transform your looks and your life. You don’t need to make the decision alone, so call Dr. Ilya V. Freyman in Longwood, FL. Find out more about denture choices by calling today!