Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
If your teeth have noticeable damage or decay, you might feel uncomfortable showing off your smile. Tooth impairments can have many causes, and dental crowns are a solution for a multitude of dental issues.
Dr. Ilya Freyman, your Longwood, FL, dentist, can repair chips, cracks, decay, and more with a dental crown. Crowns are a durable, functional, and attractive way to restore your tooth.
What is a dental crown?
A crown is like a cap for your tooth, which is made of tooth-colored porcelain. A crown fits over the damaged tooth to conceal imperfections and protect it from bacteria and future damage.
Why might I need a dental crown?
Injury, decay, and weak enamel can lead to damage which may require a crown. If you have any of the following issues, a crown could be the solution:
- Chips or cracks in the tooth
- A void from a cavity or root canal that can't be filled
- Protrusions on the tooth
- Severe discoloration
- Uneven surfacing
What are the benefits of a dental crown?
A dental crown improves the function, look, and health of your tooth. Your dentist in Longwood, FL, will scuff off some of the surfaces of your tooth to make room for a custom crown. Your crown will be cemented in place and cured under a light to make it durable and secure. Your crown is designed to match your natural teeth for a seamless appearance.
In addition to restoring the look of your tooth, a crown prevents further damage or decay to your tooth by protecting it from bacterial growth. You may also find a crown that makes it more comfortable to bite, chew, brush, and floss.
Restore the look, feel, and function of your tooth with dental crowns from your dentist in Longwood, FL. Call Dr. Freyman at (407) 260-0224 to book an appointment.
Specialty dentures help you maintain your appearance and chewing ability. If you've lost some or all of your teeth, your Longwood, FL, dentist, Dr. Ilya Freyman can help you choose the best type of dentures for you.
How specialty dentures can help you
Today's dentures are much different from those your grandparents wore. Back then, the fit was often an issue. Poorly fitting dentures slipped, irritated the gums, and made speaking and chewing more difficult.
Fortunately, things have changed. Digital technology makes it possible to create dentures that look like real teeth and gums and are more resistant to wear and tear. Because specialty dentures are custom-designed for your mouth, they're more comfortable and offer a much better fit than your grandparents' dentures.
Types of dentures
During your visit to the Longwood dental office, your dentist may recommend one or more of these types of dentures:
- Full Immediate Dentures: Immediate removable dentures are placed in your mouth as soon as any remaining teeth are extracted. A few weeks before the extraction, your dentist makes an impression of your mouth that's used to create your dentures. Because your mouth changes as it heals, immediate dentures will need to be adjusted periodically. The dentures can be relined and rebased or replaced with conventional dentures eventually when you heal fully.
- Full Conventional Dentures: Conventional dentures are an option when your mouth has fully healed. The removable dentures fit tightly against the ridges in your mouth and are held in place with suction.
- Partial Dentures: Removable partial dentures are a good option if you've lost a few teeth in a row. The synthetic teeth are anchored to existing teeth with small hooks. If you need to maintain the space in your mouth after tooth extraction, transitional partial dentures are a good option.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures: Implant-supported dentures are anchored by dental implants. Implants are small titanium posts added to your jawbone during minor oral surgery. Over the course of several months, the implants osseointegrate, or bond, to the jawbone. You'll only need a few implants to support an upper or lower denture. Implant-supported dentures help you retain more of your biting power and keep your jawbone strong.
Could specialty dentures improve your smile? Call your dentist in Longwood, FL, Dr. Ilya Freyman, at (407) 260-0224.
How porcelain veneers from your dentist in Longwood, FL, can enhance your smile
If you want to revamp a dull, aging, or damaged smile, there is no better choice than porcelain veneers. Porcelain veneers offer many benefits and can give you a truly dazzling, memorable smile. Dr. Ilya V. Freyman in Longwood, FL, offers a wide range of restorative and cosmetic dental services, including porcelain veneers to enhance your smile.
Veneers are thin laminates of beautiful porcelain which are cemented on to the front surfaces of your teeth. They require between two and three appointments, including a consultation appointment. Porcelain veneer treatment is quick, which means you can have a completely new, flawless smile just in time for a special event like a reunion or a wedding, where you want to look your best.
In addition to rapid results, there are other benefits to porcelain veneers. Consider that porcelain veneers are:
- Naturally beautiful, because porcelain is light-reflective, and looks just like natural tooth enamel; that means your new porcelain veneers will look completely natural, and your smile will reflect who you are.
- Long-lasting, because porcelain is also stain-resistant; that means your porcelain veneers will stay beautiful and white for years to come.
- Conservative, because your dentist removes little to no tooth structure, just enough to accommodate the thickness of the veneers; that means your vital tooth structure is preserved, with minimal to no damage to your teeth.
You are a perfect candidate for porcelain veneers if you want to repair, restore, and enhance teeth that are:
- Worn down or eroded from aging
- Chipped or cracked from bad habits
- Stained or discolored from tobacco or coffee
- Damaged or broken from an injury or trauma
You may also be able to minimize the look of crowding, tooth rotation, gaps between your teeth, and other alignment issues with porcelain veneers. Your dentist can discuss this option with you to see if veneers are the best choice for these issues.
You and your smile deserve to enjoy the beauty of porcelain veneers. To find out more about what porcelain veneers can do for your smile, call Dr. Ilya V. Freyman in Longwood, FL, today!